Sunday, October 18, 2009

Answered questions..

Last week I recieved an email from our church. Everyweek we get one. It tells about the lesson for the coming week. Usually I do not even open them, because I know we are not going to go. We have been searching for a new chuch.



But I opened it. And I read it. And I REALLY wanted to go. The message said that the founder of our church would be coming to tell about the passing of their daughter and how they are coping. I did not know them or the details of their daughter's passing. But death has always been scary to me. Not that I would die.. but my loved ones. And I always ask why would God let that happen when I hear tragic stories.



So we went to church today. And met the Stocker family. Well we met Todd, Kellie, and Maddie Stocker. Nathan was not there and neither was Mackenzie. I'm not sure where Nathan was, but Mackennzie was with the Lord. She was killed in a car accident at the VERY young age of 18. Although she was only 18 she had her life planned out. (The picture here is from her father's blog.)


She was beautiful! Not just physiclly but as a person. She had left behind 14 journals. Her mother read from one. While most girls write about gossip and sadness, Mackenzie's journal contained details of her relationship with God. How inspiring! She was an amazing dancer who even performed in New York. She was a great singer ( I saw her sing and dance on you tube.) She had such a bright future ahead of her as she was to graduate this December.



On June 3rd Macenzie was riding home with friends when their vehicle was t-boned. She died.



Hearing her family talk about how they are dealing with her death was inspirational to say the least. I have had moments in life where I question God. I wonder how he could let something happen or why. But this family who serves the lord everyday in everyway lost their oldest daughter in such a tragic way and still had faith. Amazing!



Mackenzie's mother said there was a moment when she said "Where was God?" Questioning why he let her daughter pass away. Her father, a pastor, had the answer. God was there!! It was written in God's plans for Mackenzie to enter his kingdom that day. Regardless of their desire to be with them. So as Mackenxie looked up from her text message she saw the Lord. Not the accident. She had died instantly. She went from hanging out with friends to hanging out with our Heavenly Father. And that is awesome.



I still had a question though.. Why? Why would God want such a young beautiful girl to die so young? To live such a short life when she had such a bright future here?



When we got home my husband and I discussed the testimony we had heard and all the questions we had. I googled her name to see if I could find answers. And I did. I found her father's blog. And on his blog I found a section where you can ask him questions. Even tough ones.



And I saw the question I had about why. Why so young?



Someone had relied. I will copy their post here as I can not say it any better myself.



Someone once told me that from God’s perspective our time on Earth is less than a blink. So from His point of view (eternity) 18 years is not much shorter than 100. That helped me. God wouldn’t be purposefully and arbitrarily cruel. It’s like me trying to explain to my 6 year old that missing her favorite cartoon will not be important to her 10 years from now (even though it feels like a tragedy) and my teenage students who have their hearts broken, that eventually they will look back from a different point of view. When we are in Heaven all together I hope I will then be able to look back and understand . . . from a different perspective.



And to that I say... Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment